Friday, September 19, 2014

FIND YOUR GIFT

Comprised childhood's, in fact an honest examination of one's impressions of a life can open the door to untold gifts. Sharing as an extension of my yesterday's status, a little anecdote. My first learning center was located in a basement on Court Street in Brooklyn Heights. This to my knowledge was the first of its kind outside of the great Stanley Kaplan who was focusing on test preparation. My brother happened to be in town, and quietly observed me working with a high school student named Matthew. This young man was having social and academic problems at school. He was Gay at the beginning of the AIDS pandemic in 1982, parents divorcing, and Mom diagnosed with Breast Cancer. His reputation amongst many was horrific. When I spoke with him, perhaps and yes tapping into my own memories-he left our session with Hope, and returned often. My brother later told me, "You have found your gift"--and that is my hope for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment